Nationality/ Age: Malaysian / 46
Date of Appointment: 26 November 2009
Date of last Re-election: 24 August 2016
Academic/ Professional Qualification(s):
- B.A (Hons) Degree Social Sciences majoring in Law, University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- Masters in Business Administration in International Business, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
- Research & Analyst Assistant, Capitalcorp Securities Malaysia Sdn Bhd (1994-1995)
- Corporate Services Executive, Kumpulan Fima Berhad (1996-1997)
- Executive Director, Business Development, Nationwide Express Courier Services Berhad (“NECSB”) (2000-2003)
- Chief Executive Officer, NECSB (2003-2010)
- Chairman and Director, NECSB (2010-2014)
Present Directorship(s) of Public and Listed Companies:
Membership of Board Committee(s):
- Options Committee1
- Nomination and Remuneration Committee2
- Remuneration Committee3
1. The Options Committee was dissolved on 27 February 2017 following the expiry of the Company’s Employees Share Scheme on 17 November 2016.
2. The Nomination and Remuneration Committee (“NRC”) was established on 1 April 2017.
3. The Remuneration Committee was dissolved following the establishment of the NRC on 1 April 2017.
Securities holdings in the Company:
- Please refer to Disclosure of Directors’ interests on page 108 to 113 of Financial Statements 31 March 2017
Family relationship with any director and/or major shareholder of the Company:
- Sister of Rozana Zeti binti Basir, a Non-Independent Non-Executive Director of the Company.
- Rozilawati binti Haji Basir is also a Director of BHR Enterprise Sdn Bhd, a major shareholder of the Company
List of convictions for offences within the past five (5) years other than traffic offences and particulars of any public sanction or penalty imposed by the relevant regulatory bodies during financial year:
No. of Board Meeting attended during the Financial Year: